The work of the Citizens Advice service would not be possible without our volunteers. Last year alone our volunteers across our three offices in Ballymena, Carrickfergus and Larne contributed over 5,600 hours which for us is the equivalent of 3.5 full time advisors!
There are many volunteering roles within Citizens Advice Mid & East Antrim. You could apply to sit on the Trustee Board, you could train to become a Generalist Advisor, a Tribunal Representative, a debt advisor /Money coach, Disability Case Worker or volunteer to assist with Administration/ Reception.
With the onset of on line benefit applications and the installation of our self help terminals we will be introducing two new volunteer roles later on this year, namely Host and Digital Guider. Seven of our volunteers have moved into employment over the past year, 5 within the Citizens Advice network. We also offered 7 student placements.
If you are interested in joining the team please don’t hesitate to call into one of our offices, meet the team and speak to the manager about the opportunities available.
What Can I Expect From Citizens Advice Mid and East Antrim?
- – Flexibility about when you work within the constraints of the rota.
- – Out of pocket expenses.
- – Support in the form of supervision and staff meetings.
- – Accredited Adviser Training.
- – Accredited Tribunal Training.
- – Personal Development.
- – Valuable Work Experience.
- – Be a valuable member of our team.
- – Meet new friends and enjoy our social activities e.g. fundraising, excursions etc.
What Does Citizens Advice Mid and East Antrim Expect From A Volunteer?
- – Understanding and an ability to cope with difficult situations.
- – Able to work within the aims, principles and policies of Citizens Advice.
- – Able to establish respect and trusting relationships with clients.
- – Good communication skills.
- – Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- – Commitment: dependent on volunteer role as below:
Admin/Receptionist (1-2 days per week)
Disability Case Worker (1-2 days per week)
Generalist Advisor (2 days per week)
Debt Advisor (2 days per week)
Tribunal Representative (1-2 days per week)
Digital Guider (1-2 days per week)
Host (1-2 mornings per week)
We work from 10am-4pm (lunch 12.30pm-1pm) Mon-Friday. We open late night on a Thursday in our Ballymena office until 8pm. We consider a day of volunteering as 6hrs.
To apply to join our team you can either:
Download our application form and email it to our Volunteer Coordinator at Gillian.firstname.lastname@example.org
Post it FAO Gillian Gordon, Volunteer Coordinator, Mid & East Antrim Citizens Advice. 4 Wellington Court. Ballymena, BT43 6EQ
or leave the completed form, marked for her attention, into your local office.